Yesterday by Iel

sábado, 27 de abril de 2013

A Chance for Peace



A year has passed. Before that I always thought: Last year, on this day, you were with me ... Almost daily and thought those things and it tormented me. It's like I imagined that I could master time and it would be still possible to make time come back and prevent from losing you.

I live today as someone who took a beating and surrendered. I cherish the promises of God. I took leave of you and many things. Things that I liked to hang out with you.
Today I'm a Nike kind person: "Just do it". I try to live in the present. I feel myself half from the earth and the other half from the sky and this way I feel closer to God and assume you're okay. I read the Bible often and in so doing, I feel even closer to God which strengthen my faith and keep me in the knowledge that you are with God in peace and happiness. I also believe that when you miss me you gather together with Our Lady and thus reassure me and I feel closer to you.

It is difficult to live with the void that will never be filled. But you need to learn and accept. The other day I was coming home at night and noticed everything was dark, so I opened the door, turned on the light and did what I always did when you were here, I shouted the name of my three children: Jessica, Breno, Iel. When I just finished to pronounce Iel’s  name a butterfly came out of the kitchen window (I live on the 6th floor) touched the left side of my face and flew back out the window. Got it as a kiss from Iel, although I know that skeptics think that it was a coincidence.

From that day I have decided to give peace a chance as John Lennon said. Got it with that kiss it was you asked me to do!

Nenhum comentário: