Yesterday by Iel

sábado, 27 de janeiro de 2024

I am no longer a child

 Before I believed that nothing bad could happen


That's why I dared! Was not afraid

After all, I thought nothing bad could happen at sea.

That there would be no problem or risk whatsoever in jumping from a 10-meter springboard

Cross the guajará bay, or jump with a parachute

It was joy and adrenaline to do pirouettes on the sand in a car at high speed

Moving to a foreign country taking the whole family

Throw everything up and venture into a new career

After all, what bad could happen?

Before I believed in all people

And mainly, I believed that for some reason, faith perhaps, I was shielded

After all, nothing fatal happened when our car rolled over three times on the road.

When I rode as a pillion rider on a motorcycle in a wind of more than 240 km per hour

Or when I did everything I mentioned before...

I took a risk and the risk gave me joy because I wasn't afraid.

So I didn't really consider that a risk could lead to a loss

Today I know that risk can lead to real and irreparable losses.

Today I'm afraid to dare and that's why I say I'm no longer a child.

Children are happy precisely because they are unaware of all the dangers

nor what bad things might happen.

I was like that for many years

But at some point in my life, I lost my innocence and gained the fear of losing.

That's why I say I'm not a child anymore

But Jesus said that only those who are like children enter the kingdom of heaven.

So somehow I have to try to recover the child that was lost inside me.

Nenhum comentário: